We have a Controller opportunity with a Long Island, New York based Real Estate Development Company. The following are the job requirements:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Directs and reviews all of the financial reporting and budgeting for the Company and properties.
- Presents Financial Reports to management and owners.
- Manages 3-4 accounting employees.
- Manages and evaluates accounting systems, policies and procedures.
- Prepares cash forecasts, and various management reports for the Company and properties.
- Coordinates and manages timely tax reporting with the internal Tax Manager and outside Tax Advisors.
- Oversees and manages internal and external wires.
- Works closely with Internal and External Property, Asset and Construction Managers.
- Financial analysis of trade transactions, construction and financing as directed by the CFO.
- Performs HR Functions - Payroll, Benefits, 401K administration.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BBA in accounting - CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
- 5 to 20 years of real estate accounting experience, including general ledger, financial statement preparation, and tax coordination.
- Experience and knowledge of multiple ownership structures including partnerships, LLC’s and Trusts.
- Accounting software experience preferred
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook experience is a must.
- Strong Leadership and ability to motivate employees.
- Detail oriented and high standards for excellence.
- Professional and precise written and oral communication and presentation.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced small business environment.