The Purchasing Manager will manage and coordinate the activities of Buyers and support staff engaged in purchasing and distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery and supplies in support of the organization.
- Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement focused on driving cost and service efficiencies.
- Develop, manage, and control the purchasing department budget.
- Establish and maintain key performance metrics of all level of procurement activities.
- Develop and lead purchasing department personnel.
- Develop purchasing resources with specific market commodity expertise.
- Lead commodity strategies that drive service, quality and innovation.
- Participate in the developing of material specifications and assure adherence by the supply base.
- Develop and manage inventory tactics and strategies.
- Plan and develop operating policies, guidelines and procedures for the control of department workflow.
- Ensure adherence to best practices and company purchasing guidelines and ethics.
- Facilitate collaborative efforts between purchasing, manufacturing and engineering that support new product development.
- Develop sourcing strategies that support company objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Supply Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading a Purchasing/Buying group in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent negotiation and inventory control skills.
- Previous Oracle ERP, and Oracle ASCP experience is preferred.
- A strong understanding of material requirements planning.