Established New England heavy highway contractor seeking to add a Project Manager to its executive operations team. This highly respected CT based General Contractor is well-known for its capabilities to self-perform all aspects of grading & drainage, concrete, structures and paving on DOT road work throughout the MA, CT & RI Region. Contractor maintains offices in all three states.
- Maintain daily control of project(s): management and coordination of onsite personnel, equipment operations and subcontractor activities.
- Ensure all operations are in full compliance with Federal/State/Local Regulations including Environmental, OSHA, MUTCD and DOT Regulations.
- Perform take-offs from plans.
- Read and comprehend project specifications
- Knowledgeable with DOT specifications as well as ASTM, ASHTO, and MUTCD specifications.
- Assist VP of Construction with tracking project costs and revenues.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, subcontractors, general contractors, as well as, customers/owners representatives.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and operating guidelines.
- Oversee and direct all project personnel.
- Accurate and timely preparation of project schedules, timecards, equipment hours, production reports and purchase orders.
- Must have a good understanding of construction methods, materials and blue print reading.
- Must be knowledgeable with survey and project layout
- Daily communications with the internal/external stakeholders regarding project status.
- Monitor project costs and revenues by reviewing internal project reports and meeting frequently with the customer/owner representatives on pay quantities prior to each estimate.
- Optimize project efficiencies in transportation, materials and productivity rates.
- Assist in dealing with employee issues and subcontractor/vendor performance issues.
- Ability to resolve problems and make project decisions that maximize project opportunities.
- Display strong leadership & teamwork skills.
- Other projects as directed by VP of Construction
- ensure all project administration duties including RFI's, submittals, invoicing, change orders and schedules updates are being completed in a timely and organized manner by Field & Office Engineers
- primary point of contact with owner officials
- 10+ years of Heavy Hwy experience, functioning in a Project Management, Project Supt., and/or Project Engineering capacity
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering discipline preferred. Individuals must have a strong background in project management, estimating, and construction.
- An understanding of DOT specification (experience in New England Region preferred)
- Must demonstrate the ability to use a computer to communicate and analyze data. This includes the use of Outlook, Excel, & Word. Experience with HCSS Heavy Job, Bid2Win, Primavera preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents, reports and company manuals. Ability to write detailed correspondence, effectively present information and be able to respond to questions from management, staff, customers and the general public.
- Ability to recognize problems and put forth reasonable solutions by establishing the facts. Ability to interpret data from reports, project specification or project plans.
Employer Offers You:
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay and bonus plan
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- Multi dimensional organization (4 divisions throughout New England) with several future career growth opportunities for the right candidate.
- Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Has a long and proud heritage as one of New England's largest privately owned heavy civil corporations. This is a great opportunity for an established heavy civil project manager to work along side a strong team of professionals in a diversified extremely stable place of employment. Backlog as of today is at an all time company high. Contractor is currently working for CTDOT, RIDOT, MHD, municipal & private clients.