Project ControllerWe have an immediate opportunity for Project Controllers, to provide timely and efficient monitoring and analysis of project costs and schedules identifying trends for the program. The Project Controller will produce a variety of regular and ad-hoc reports in support of planning and control initiatives for the program. Working closely with all functional departments, the role will play a key role in ensuring that policies, procedures, and standards are followed.
Locations: Rochester NY, Augusta ME, New Haven CT
- Develop and Monitor Cash flows from Estimates
- Verifying the accuracy of all cost information – including confirmation that costs have been properly coded and allocated to the project budget
- Apply work breakdown structure requirements.
- Producing required accounting and project cost reports
- Producing reports on deviations, under-runs and over-runs
- Preparing forecasts and cost trend reports, reviewing and evaluating trends and their impact on project costs
- Monitoring project costs and commitment to budget and forecast
- Manage information integration from engineers, subcontractors, owners, and others to create an integrated master schedule.
- Preparing project schedules based on defined project execution philosophies.
- Identify critical paths including critical float path analysis.
- Create graphics including Gantt charts, activity network diagrams, time-scaled logic diagrams, and histograms.
- Maintaining change control and the change order register
- Work with project management to set goals, objectives, and success factors and analyze project status.
- Perform project performance analysis including earned value.
- Preparing schedule updates and general maintenance in MS Project.
- Position located at client offices with travel to the site on occasion.
- Degree in Accounting or Engineering from an accredited institution
- At least five years of related project control experience; preferably in T & D Power Delivery
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Proficient with MS Project and a plus if Primavera P6 as well
- Knowledge of project management tools would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time lines and achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and clients
Salary: DOE plus bonus. Relocation assistance. Comprehensive benefits.