Marketing Representative -Product Promoter - Long Island
Our client is a leading nationwide distributor of flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products.
They are currently searching for a Marketing Product Promoter primarily on Long Island.
SUMMARY: Responsible for spreading the brand awareness of Quartz product by visiting and performing product knowledge seminar to the customers. He/she coordinates with customers to maintain appropriate quantities of promotional materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the promotion of the company Quartz products.
2. Visit builders, architects, designers, kitchen dealers for the purpose of promoting the products.
3. Perform product knowledge seminars at the customer’s location.
4. Train the customer’s sales force on company product lines.
5. Accurately maintain customer database and generate sales reports as needed.
6. Attend trade shows, conventions, and other onsite seminars.
7. Consistently work with existing customers to retain and increase their business.
8. Coordinate with customers to maintain appropriate quantities of promotional materials.
9. Increase brand awareness through strategic placement of advertisement.
10. Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extrovert personality, well-organized
2. 2 years of retail merchandising experience preferred
3. Provide high level of customer service
4. Speak clearly, listen actively and think critically
5. Problem-solving skills with the habit of being proactive
6. Intermediate skills in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
7. Previous experience using iPads, iPhones or smart phones would be helpful
8. Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends, evenings and holidays
9. Willingness to travel, up to 50% of travelling required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and/or college coursework preferred.
High School Education required.
Two (2) plus years’ experience in a professional environment.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
Provide high level of customer service
Good organizational skills