FIRE SPRINKLER ESTIMATOR
Responsible for estimating and preparing proposals for fire sprinkler systems. The incumbent will be responsible for laying out bids, completing material takeoffs, obtaining vendor pricing, and ordering materials. Work demands will require the incumbent to perform basic hydraulic calculations and code research. May be needed to perform other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the fire sprinkler industry
• Familiarity with and ability to read, interpret, and apply NFPA and IBC/IFC Code
• Ability to read and understand construction documents including bid forms, plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, and general agreements.
• Ability to accurately estimate work and build excellent margins into secured work
• Ability to create basic sprinkler layouts and perform material take-offs
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter with ability to use independent judgement
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to deliver high quality results by deadlines
• Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently
• Able to travel regularly to visit job sites
• Able to walk constructions sites and heavy industrial sites including climbing of stairs and ladders
• Two or more years design or estimating experience in the industrial fire sprinkler industry
• Familiarity with a variety of hazard classifications
• NICET certification in Water Based Systems Layout or a related fire protection field
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or business administration
• Commitment to continuous improvement
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.