Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Electrical Distribution Engineer
Job Opportunity at
Posted on Nov 29
Electrical Distribution Engineer (junior to mid-level)
King of Prussia PA
Immediate opening for individuals with experience in assessing and designing overhead and underground utility grade distribution facilities. This work involves 4 kV, 15 kV, 23 kV and 35 kV class primary feeder circuits including equipment connected to these facilities such as transformers, switches, re-closers, capacitors, cutouts, risers, and all other associated components. Lower voltage secondary circuits are also included in this work.
You will be involved in the:
- Investigation and resolution of overloaded transformers
- Replacement of condemned utility poles
- Replacement of defective fused cutouts
- Re-designing existing poles to bring the construction to current standards or rectifying unsafe conditions
- Reconductoring primary and secondary circuits, and converting primary circuits to higher voltages.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Completing the customer contact portion and paper work required for pole petitions to the
municipalities and easements for private property rights
- Providing Dig Safe information to our client for their use in scheduling the mark out of facilities when
the work is ready to begin
- Interfacing with line construction foremen and operations personnel is required on larger jobs
Bachelors Degree or Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Demonstrate a good understanding of three phase electrical power engineering principals obtained from associated work with a line construction contractor, utility line work for an electric distribution utility, or other similar work experience.
Thorough understanding of primary and secondary pole line design and construction including knowledge of typical utility construction standards and National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) clearance requirements.
Experience using GIS Smallworld and Storms Work Management Systems is a plus.
Experience with 35kV networked facilities is a plus.
Strong writing and oral communication skills.
Willingness to travel
locally on day trips – about 30%.
Travel consists of local day trips to job-sites in the mid-Atlantic region (PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA). Position will be based in King of Prussia.
Be willing to get involved in other engineering disciplines on an as needed basis if there are lapses in the amount of Distribution Engineering work or the need to supplement other types of work being accomplished in the company.
Competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance.
Must be authorized to work in US
Terms of Usage
ConstructionIndustryCentral.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2018, All Rights Reserved)