|Director of Finance |
Our client is looking for an experienced Director of Finance to oversee all financial aspects of business and drive the company’s financial strategy and planning. The Director of Finance should have a broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles and exhibit strategic thinking and effective leadership. This position is responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments.Mergers and Acquisitions evaluations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage team of corporate controller, accounting, purchasing and inventory.
- Manage job costing activities.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations. Lead the audit process and serve as liaison with Company and third party auditors to ensure completion of audits and tax returns within tight reporting deadlines.
- Manage the annual financial statement certified audit, 401k audits, internal audits, and state tax audits.
- Prepare monthly financial performance reports for Executive Team and business partners including: comparing variance analysis to key benchmarks, capturing financial and operational KPIs, highlighting business trends, translating trends into risk/opportunities for the company, and providing recommendations.
- Lead meetings with functional business partners to review financial results.
- Utilize expert level financial modeling skills to analyze trends, extract insights, and validate more F,P&A findings.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency; lead projects to deliver improvements in productivity and operating costs.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Develop and maintain efficient processes that meet all GAAP accounting standards and implement appropriate internal controls around the processes to assure accurate and timely information.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximize returns and limit risks on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Work closely with F,P &A to prepare budgets by: establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by: studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by: attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field is required; MSc/MA is a plus
- CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus
- Proven experience as Director of Finance or similar role
- Experience with annual certified audits
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Acquisitions and mergers experience a plus
- Sarbanes Oxley experience encouraged
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Exceptional analytical and strategic aptitude
- Professional business writing skills with the ability to convey information in a clear, concise, organized, and logical manner
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with associates at all levels and to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
In addition to your salary, our client offers paid time off, Health/Dental/Vision, FSA, Life/Short & Long term Disability Insurance and 401K.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.