|CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY STEEL PROFESSIONALS... |
CALLING ALL competitive, people who make like things happen, overachievers, & just plain good folks who like work hard and want to move up in the construction business!
Come be a part of a TRUE team within a leading firm in the construction industry. We are searching for a DIRECTOR OF ESTIMATING to work in the STEEL MANUFACTURING group. Our client is a diversified construction company, who offers general contracting, construction management, & design-build solutions. Their business has a strong focus on quality & customer service for its many clients that span across various industries. This company has a keen approach toward its employees, offering challenging & rewarding work, as well as an aggressive professional development plan. If the construction industry is in your blood & you are eager to learn, grow & are an experienced leader...then...this is the place & the role for you!
The Estimating Director is accountable for managing the estimation process for Steel Fabrication sector projects (consistent with the company values, policies & procedures). He or she is accountable for the satisfaction of clients, the quality & the competitiveness of each assigned estimates. This exciting role will support business acquisition efforts, plus will engage in training & development of staff personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Accountable for completing of all estimating related responsibilities.
- Effectively leads & manages any assigned personnel, including professional development of staff (according to the organization's policies & applicable laws).
- Takes the lead in the development of “Win” strategies for highly complex project pursuits.
- Engages in active business acquisition efforts (not limited to client presentations)
- Supports & participates in the project selection (“go / no go”) process.
- Manages estimating / pre-construction responsibilities to meet alternative delivery methods.
- Serves as Estimating Team Leader...a boots-on-the-ground role!
- Cultivates & maintains extensive supplier / subcontractor / client / designer relationships.
- Be the "go-to" person for detailed knowledge of: craft labor, collective bargaining contracts, labor agreements, company insurance & bonding requirements.
- Researches & interprets projects pricing trends (including escalation).
- Understands all corporate safety statistics & policies & their impact on estimates.
- Writes speeches & articles for publication that conform to prescribed style / format.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or transferable technical field.
- 10+ years of related experience in steel fabrication; (i.e. commercial structural steel, beam and column, etc.)
- Minimum of 1 year of field experience.
- Familiar with steel fabrication process, techniques (i.e. welding), & possess advanced knowledge of construction elements.
- Extensive estimation experience.
- Effective personnel management & leadership.
- Familiar with delivery methods such as BV, LS, etc.
- Experience in working with & within Joint Ventures.
- Capable of performing highly complex start-ups, take-offs, final pricing & buy-out activities.
- Able to read, analyze, & interpret common scientific, technical journals, financial reports, & legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries / complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, and / or members of the business community.
- Strong presentations skills: must communicate information to top management, public groups, and / or boards of directors.
- Efficient comprehension & application of principles of modern algebra, advanced calculus & advanced statistical theory.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, & draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram or mathematical form & deals with abstract & concrete variables.
- 5% travel (home base St. Louis)
AGC, AIA, AIC, ASPE, BIM, CPC, CPE, DBIA, EIT, LEED, PE or other relevant certifications and / or organizational memberships are preferred.
| ||Construction Inspection |
| ||Estimators |
| ||Project Management |
| ||Manager, |
| ||Steel Fabrication |