INDUSTRY: Industrial Construction for Automotive Industry
JOB LOCATION: Princeton, Indiana
ABOUT COMPASS SYSTEMS:
Compass Systems is a world leader in providing highly engineered Pneumatic & Mechanical Material Handling Systems that provide segregation capabilities for the various alloys of aluminum scrap produced by the automobile industry, in the high volume automotive OEM and Tier #1 & #2 supplier production environments.
With a solid track record of success and a “True Turn-Key” solutions driven approach, Compass Systems has expanded its reach within its automotive customers and the general industrial markets (pulp and paper, converting, agriculture, etc.) to include state-of-the-art related systems and processes (i.e. Hinged Belt Conveyors, End of Line Conveyors, Integrated Dust Collection Systems).
Compass Systems & Sales, LLC is immediately seeking a Construction Project Manager / Engineer with a proven track record of success managing industrial construction projects.
As Construction Project Manager/Engineer, you will manage all phases of the project and work performed by Compass Systems subcontractors and vendors, ensuring the work is completed within the project budget and on schedule, with an emphasis on quality and safely.
We are seeking to immediately fill this position:
- Duration at this site in Princeton is 12 months (all of 2019).
- Initial time spent at our headquarters in Barberton, OH (during 2018) to prepare for construction launch.
- There will be additional projects when Princeton is finished for this candidate - locations currently unknown.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Reporting to and communicating with the following: Compass Systems Senior Construction Manager, the Owner, Design Consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- Arranging and leading required meetings including pre-construction, progress and safety meetings
- Writing and approving meeting minutes and daily reports
- Document control
- Monitoring administrative procedures including, but not limited to, safety, invoicing, contract change management, and labor relations
- Acting as the single point of contact with subcontractors and vendors on behalf of Compass Systems & Sales, LLC, while ensuring the installation subcontractors meet the project and contractual requirements and milestones
- Overseeing the delivery and use of materials, tools, and equipment; worker productivity and safety; and the quality of the work
- Acting as liaison with the Owner regarding contract changes, modifications, staffing and technical performance; directing subcontractors in the successful execution of changes and modifications of the contract
- Ensuring fulfillment of contract requirements
- Ensuring compliance to all safety and health rules and regulations, company policies, employee handbooks and contracting requirements
- Promoting the highest degree of safety and ethics standards at the site by adhering to
- Compass Systems, OSHA, and Owner’s policies and guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ten (10) years of experience in the Construction industry
- Mechanical and Electrical design background
- Five (5) years of experience managing projects in a heavy industrial plant setting.
- Familiarity with both mechanical and electrical installations of pneumatic and material handling systems a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- CCM (Certified Construction Manager) certification preferred or willing to obtain CCM certification within 2 years after hiring
- OSHA 30 HR certification
WHY A CAREER WITH COMPASS?
- Growing organization
- Cutting edge technology
- Collaborative work environment
Compass Systems and Sales is an Equal Opportunity Employer