Nationwide, progressive, and innovative general contractor seeks a Project Executive--Special Projects with a minimum of 15+ years of commercial construction experience to work out of their Dallas, Texas office. Position will focus on smaller projects averaging 1-3M but up to 15M. Will handle multiple projects at once in these core construction markets: healthcare, advanced technology, and commercial. Candidate needs a passion for, experience in, and demonstrated capability to handle this type of construction work.
The Project Executive will be ultimately responsible for business development, contract negotiations, insurance requirements and the high level execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk and business management of a several ongoing projects.
Project Executives along with regional leadership will be responsible for the following:
- Management of all project team members (Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents, and Field office coordinator) - Project teams could range from 10-50 employees
- Mentor and train project managers for fast-paced growth development and apply company's people practices.
- 100% Detailed/hands-on knowledge of Project Requirements and Deliverables
- Solid & capable of understanding of building processes and systems
- Cost Control/Billings/Collections/Change Management/Monthly Status Reports
- Complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting
- Key point of contact with Owner and Architect
- Challenge & support jobsite, subcontractor, and self perform teams
- Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results
Looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, manage multiple projects/teams, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Ability to create and support team morale
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar), Accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 15+ years of experience in the Project Management and/or Project Executive role with experience in special projects in healthcare, advanced technology, and commercial.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.