Our prestigious client is keenly positioned as a leader in the Civil Engineering Consulting field and based in New Jersey. This industry leader has a key position opening for Construction Department Manager in their north Jersey corporate office located west of Parsippany-Troy Hills.
Qualified candidate will bring solid construction experience with a proven track record managing multiple projects, a full range team, and interact successfully with clients. You must also be professional, courteous and able to work effectively with teammates at every level to meet project deadlines.
– Project Management – client contact, conform to client requirements and standards, estimate project costs, prepare and present budgets for internal review, review invoices, schedule and monitor field work, project tracking, project review, prepare deliverables.
– Reading and interpreting engineering design plans and specifications.
– Personnel Management – assist with establishment of efficient work procedures that ensure high quality results, schedule and monitor assignments, provide review and positive feedback, assist in project deliverables, review time sheets, review PTO schedules and align with project schedules.
– Assist with hiring process as necessary.
– Manage and maintain department equipment and supplies. Track inventories with field crews and submit request to stock materials.
– Leadership and communication (oral and written)
– Client interaction and communications
– Computer use with associated office software
– MS office Applications
– Direct experience in supervising and scheduling field crews (multiple crews)
– OSHA 10 Hour-Construction Safety Certification
This outstanding client offers outstanding compensation and benefits and a great team environment.