Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people LIVE, WORK, SHOP and STAY!
We are searching for a talented Assistant Project Manager Construction to be based out of our San Francisco, California office.
As the Assistant Project Manager of Construction, you will be responsible for activities associated with the design and construction of a new infrastructure and open space projects ensuring adherence to the project schedule, budget, lender, partner and/or ownership requirements. Reviews and makes recommendations on planning and design issues.
Acts as Owner's Representative of infrastructure and open space projects from start of design to completion of construction.
- Oversee a multi-disciplinary team of architects, engineers, surveyors, environmental consultants, and contractors, in the design, construction, and turnover of site improvements.
- Interface with City Agencies to expedite review and permitting of construction documents, specs and site management plans. Obtain required construction permits and/or plan approvals from relevant jurisdictions.
- Manage construction activities, including monitoring of budgets and schedules, coordination of weekly OAC meetings, RFIs and submittals.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, EIR mitigation measures, development agreement obligations, and environmental regulations. Coordinate field monitoring and perform data review and quality control of environmental monitoring transmittals.
- Review and verify consultant invoices, contractor pay applications, and change order requests.
- Work with Lead Construction Administrator and Estimator to provide updates to cost/budget controls, project schedules, cash flow projections, and monthly financial reports.
- Assist with Requests for Proposal for design and construction services; assist with negotiation and award contracts for consultant services and construction contractors.
- Oversee all aspects of utility service applications, including domestic water, reclaimed water, fire water, temporary and permanent power, gas, telephone/cable, etc.
- This position requires an Undergraduate Degree in Construction, Engineering, or related discipline
- Additional degrees that are preferred for this position include:S.RED, M. Eng, or M.S. in a related field
- 3-4 years of experience in Project Management in Development, Construction, or Design preferred
- Required skills for this position include: project management, budgeting, construction management, scheduling, writing, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Project), initiative, and problem solving.
- Preferred skills for this position include: engineering design and permitting/public agency experience
- Preferred experience to include horizontal / verticle construction oversight.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace